THE DOCTRINE OF GOD
1. We believe the God of the Bible to be the one and only true God (John 1:1). He is a God of love (1 John 4:8). Who reigns today in His mercy, giving all the opportunity to know Him and prepare for His coming Kingdom (Matt 28:18-20).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE TRINITY
2. We believe in the concept of the triune God as revealed in the scriptures (Gen 1:26, John 10:37-38, Matt 28:19). God in the form of Jesus, the Son, manifest Himself in a flesh like body, having emptied himself of all form of deity (Phil 2:6-8). Jesus Christ, being the word of God according to (John 1:1, 14) reveals God the father to us (John 1:18) through the Holy Spirit of God (1Cor 2:10-14, John 16:13-15).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE BIBLE
3. We believe the Bible to be the complete and perfect Word of God written by holy men of old who were inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). The Bible is God’s covenant or contract through which man may come to know Him and find His blessing and promises by faith (Rom 4:13, 16, Gal 3:6-9). Thus the Bible is our sole rule of faith and practice (Rom 10:17). The Bible also teaches us how to please God and participate in His service (2Tim 3:16-17, Heb 11:6).
THE DOCTRINE OF CREATION
4. We accept by faith the Bible account of God’s creation of man, the worlds and the ages by His own most powerful word (Heb 11:3, Gen 1:26-27).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE VIRGIN BIRTH
5. We believe in the virgin birth and sinless life of Jesus Christ (Matt 1:18).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE FALL OF MAN
6. We believe man was created in the image of God, without sin in the Garden of Eden, enjoying life with God and ruling over the earth (Gen 1:28). After disobeying the commandment of God, Adam and Eve fell from their sinless state and their fellowship with God was broken. Being the offspring of Adam, sin and death spread to all men (Gen 2:17, Rom 5:12). Thus all men are mortal sinners and in need of God’s mercy and fellowship (Rom 3:23, Rom 6:26, Rom7:21-24, Psalm 51:5).
THE DOCTRINE OF SALVATION
7. We believe God desires all men to be saved and come to a complete knowledge of the truth (1 Tim 2:3-4). We are saved by God’s grace or gift upon repenting, turning from our sin and placing faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 16:30-31, Acts 17:30-31, Luke 24:46-47). Salvation is the work of God and can not be earned by good works (Eph 2:8-10). We are saved unto good works as a product of faith in Jesus Christ and God’s salvation.
THE DOCTRINE OF VICTORIOUS LIVING
8. We believe God calls or invites all to become disciples of Jesus Christ following Him in baptism and learning to obey His commandments living in the victory of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior (Matt 28:18-20, Titus 2:11-15, 1 Cor 15:55-58). The just man shall live by faith (Rom 1:17).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE CHURCH
9. We believe the Church which Jesus Christ established during His personal ministry on earth is a local, visible, spiritual assembly of baptized, repentant believers in Jesus Christ who are committed to following Jesus Christ and His faith (Heb 3:6, John 15:16, Matt 4:19, 1 Peter 2:5, Rom 6:4-8). A. God made Jesus Christ the head of the Church and no man or board, association or group of elders shall ever rightfully take this position from Him (Col 1:18). B. The Church is commissioned to spread the gospel message of Jesus Christ and His coming Kingdom, encouraging all to believe in Jesus Christ and become His disciple, baptizing them and teaching them to observe His commandments (Matt 28:18-20). C. The Church is directed in the Bible to love and edify the brethren to complete maturity as Christians to the fullness of Jesus Christ (Phil 2:2-5, Eph 4:12-14), bringing glory to God as we trust and obey Him (Eph 3:21). D. The Church Jesus established will perpetuate on this earth until His return at the end of this age (Matt 16:18, Matt 28:19-20, Eph 3:21).
THE DOCTRINE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS
10. We believe the miraculous spiritual gifts such as: healings, speaking in tongues or various languages, have been done away by God. Such gifts were used before the Bible was completed to testify that Jesus was indeed the Christ or Messiah. Upon completion of the perfect Word, these gifts were substituted with faith, hope and love to empower the Church in her ministry (1Cor 13:9-13).
THE DOCTRINE OF LOVE
11. We believe the Bible to teach Love is the greatest commandment and upon this commandment is contained the whole law and the prophets. God’s love is spiritual, foreign to man, and must be learned through the leadership of the Holy Spirit (1Thes 4:9) and exercised according to the example of Jesus Christ (John 13:34, Matt 22:37-40).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
12. We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8), while empowering the church to be God’s witness Acts 1:8 guiding them in all truth (John 14:16-18) for the equipping the saints to work of service (2 Tim 3:16-17, John 6:63, John 4:23).
THE DOCTRINE OF THE RESURRECTION
13. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary as God’s righteous sacrifice for sin (Matt 27:11-50, 1 John 4:10) and God raised Him from the dead (1 Peter 1:21, Acts 31:33). We believe there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the wicked, in which the righteous will be raised unto life and the wicked unto judgment. And this is the hope of the saints, to be raised in the likeness of Jesus Christ (1Thes 4:13-18, 1Cor 15:51-54, John 5:28-29, Rev 20:5-6).
THE DOCTRINE OF CHURCH ORDINANCES
14. We believe there are two church ordinances, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism is complete immersion in water symbolizing the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is done by the authority of the church in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe before anyone may become a candidate for baptism he must first believe in Jesus Christ, repent of his rejection of Jesus Christ and former sins (Acts 8:12, 16:31-33, 18:8), making a commitment to follow Jesus to the death of the old man that God might raise him to a newness of life as a member of His Church (Gal 3:26, Rom 6:4). The Lord’s Supper is a memorial ordinance of Jesus Christ as God’s perfect sacrifice for our sin, the price of our redemption. We practice the strictest form of closed communion. The supper may only be taken by church members who are in good standing of the assembly administering the supper (1Cor 5:1-13, 11:23-34).
THE DOCTRINE OF SATAN
15. We believe Satan is a fallen angel (Isa 14:12-15,Ezk 28:11-19), who has taken his place as god of this world opposing God’s will, purpose and order. Satan is the father of lies (Gen 3: 4-5) tempting and scheming against man to drive the wedge of sin between God and man (Eph 6:10- 17). The final destiny of Satan and His followers is the Lake of Fire (Rev 20:10).
THE DOCTRINE OF AUTHORITY
16. We believe all authority is from God (Rom 13:1-7). And the Church must obey all laws and civil authorities which do not oppose God’s will and command.
THE DOCTRINE OF THE KINGDOM
17. We believe Jesus Christ is coming again and will one day judge the world and establish His eternal heavenly kingdom (2 Peter 3:12-13, Luke 1:33).